We at Nuvo Dental, prioritise your health and safety, and we continually review our practice to align with current regulations.
If you observe any areas of concern, please inform a staff member immediately so that prompt action can be taken.
Patient Safety Charter
At our practice, we foster a safety culture where patient well-being is the primary focus. This mindset permeates not only the delivery of healthcare but also the establishment of objectives, development of procedures, and procurement of new products and equipment. It is a culture of openness and fairness, encouraging team members to discuss work-related challenges for the best interests of our patients. To ensure patient safety, we:
- Adhere to the latest infection prevention guidelines, including those from NHS England.
- Use single-use dental instruments or sterilize them after use.
- Thoroughly decontaminate work areas, including the dental chair, handheld equipment, and cupboard handles, between patients.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene, including proper clinical clothing and limited wearing of jewellery.
- Monitor the quality of practice water and regularly disinfect dental unit waterlines to keep them clear.
- Handle waste in accordance with current regulations and dispose of it using appropriate carriers.
- Seek expert advice if a team member may have a bloodborne infection, ensuring they undergo an occupational health examination and follow the recommended protocols for treating patients.
- Ensure that all team members are trained in safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, and they adhere to our practice’s safeguarding procedures, which undergo regular monitoring and review.
We operate a clinical governance system that utilizes integrated risk management to identify, assess, analyse, and manage all risks and incidents. Our aim is to continuously improve the care and service we provide to you.
The Practice Manager assumes overall responsibility at our practice. The team receives support through regular meetings, staff training, personal development, and routine performance evaluations. We always welcome questions, comments, and suggestions from our patients.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact the Practice Manager.